Worried about upholstery Clean-up? Start with Your Fabric and Furniture Choice.
- From a harmless beverage spill to incontinence, upholstery clean-ups can be stressful.
- Upholstered furniture groups tend to play center stage of a facility’s common area and visible stains can be a real distraction for staff, customers and clients. While upholstery technology and design does not get a whole lot of attention, there are in fact many new advances for upholstery protection.
- Crypton© is a remarkable fabric technology that adds a fluid and dirt barrier. Because Crypton© is applied in a submersion technique, the barrier is applied to the top and bottom of the material as well as within the fiber weave itself. Unlike other stain barriers the Crypton© barrier is permanent when properly care for. Crypton© is also effective as a bacterial / microbial barrier making it ideal for health care or any environment where sanitation is a concern. Typical clean-up requires only a dilute solution of laundry detergent and water.
- Did you know that furniture design itself can also help with fluid clean-ups? Furniture Concepts now offers pop-out and clean-out seats that encourage fluid to drain through to the floor avoiding pooling. A mop and bucket take care of the majority of the clean-up. The upholstery remains relatively fluid-free and only a minor fabric clean-up may be required. The foam inside the cushion is typically not affected from most fluid spills so both the upholstery and core are protected.
- A spectrum of other products are available. Whatever your clients’ needs, there is a solution available to fit your needs. A few extra dollars dedicated now to preventing fluid penetration and staining can add years of use to your furniture.