We have put together a few tips for facility operations and development that focus on furniture as a transformative part of camp operations.
1. Turn Outdoor Space into a Classroom, Theater, Worship or Eating Space.
- Thermoplastic coated metal furniture like benches and picnic tables are weather-proof ways to invite the classroom and meals outside.
- Options like Molded Plastic Stacking Chairs are not all-year weather hardy but they can withstand summer sessions left outdoors and can convert any area into a theater, worship center or classroom.
- Solid wood Adirondack Furniture is still a classic for outdoor, heavy-duty seating that will stand the test of time.
2. Summer Camp Bedroom Furniture is Designed to Save Space.
- That is why bunk beds are such a natural fit for camps, conference and retreat centers – they sleep two people in essentially the same space as a single bed.
- Both metal and solid wood bunk bed options are popular for camps who want durable, long-lasting sleep surfaces that are easy to maintain.
- Frequently, ladder-end beds or integrated, vertical ladders are used to keep floor space free.
- Storage for campers’ personal items is also very efficient with the use of items like underbed storage chests or tall, divided cabinets that allow campers to neatly store their stuff while not overwhelming sleeping rooms with bulky furniture.